My Experience at Stop and Shop

Through my organizational behavior class I was able to interview corporate level management at the Stop and Shop Corporate Office in Quincy, MA. An experience in itself, I will not focus so much on their business; but, on some small things that I appreciate from my meeting.

Stop and Shop, a New England staple. This grocer can be found all over the country and is one of the largest grocers in the world. What struck me about the company was its corporate social responsibility. They are committed to the community they are in. Whether it be the Jimmy Fund of donations to local food pantries. The company devotes a lot of its time to trying to help the community.

A grocery store is not just a place to “stop and shop.” In many cases it is the center of the community. Many times you will see neighbors, friends, and relatives. In many ways when you go shopping you are engaging with the community around you.

Stop and Shop corporate wants to make sure that their company respects the community that is built around it. They not only want to be the best in the industry, but the best in the community. Now this may not always be the case, but it is corporate’s goal to make it happen.

Beyond just the community though, Stop and Shop is also committed to giving their employees a chance to succeed. Many members in the corporate office started off as employees in their retail stores. They were given the opportunity to grow. And although most in the corporate office have college degrees, many have the degree of “hard work.”

Stop and Shop not only values the education or experience, but also the person. “What sets us apart from other companies in the industry is the people.” The company does not limit blue collar workers from taking on white collar jobs. And when they do take on these jobs, they succeed.
Stop and Shop is not the biggest name in retail. But, I appreciate the opportunity I was given by being able to ask questions about their corporate structure. Their philosophy that “anyone can make a difference” really makes me appreciate the service they provide.

Social Security Office Near Me posted on August 4, 2018 at 10:10 pm

You wrote a very good information.. I would like to find a nearest social security office.