Bye CGS

It is over. Today I finished my last final at CGS, and besides my capstone project, I am done with CGS. Although I may not have been ecstatic about my time there, I truly do appreciate it. It forced me to take classes and study topics that I would not have done otherwise. I appreciate that.

My studies in the field of Humanities actually has had an impact on the ways that I view things. That is something that I did not think would happen before having to take the classes. If you were to talk to any CGS student I do not think that they would necessarily be ecstatic about their time there. However, I would go as far as to say that it was time well spent.

I am surprised to say that I may actually miss being enrolled at the school and may miss not having it next semester. Maybe it is nostalgia, but I have met some of my best friends and had some of my best memories because of CGS.

One lesson that CGS taught me is that nothing comes easy. For me to be able to get to the major that I wanted I had to put in a lot more work. I had to figure out how to manage my major classes as well as my CGS core classes. Also, it taught me that I may not always be doing exactly what I want to do. But, I need to give my all in everything that I have to do.

Although I am excited to start as a full time Questrom student in the fall, in some ways I may miss CGS. The lessons I learned and friendships I made will stay with me the rest of my life.