He Has Made Me Glad

This week I came upon an organist and musician by the name of Cory Henry. He is the frontman for a group by the name of the Funk Apostles, as well as a regular organist and music leader for a number of churches around the nation. One piece of his in particular stood out to me entitled “He Has Made Me Glad.” The piece is based off of Psalm 92 saying,

“For you make me glad by your deeds, Lord;

I sing for joy at what your hands have done.

How great are your works, Lord,

how profound your thoughts!”

This excerpt from Psalm 92 speaks to me as it speaks to the true awesomeness of God’s presence in our lives. Henry’s interpretation of the gospel standard connected with me as well. In the video below you can see the joy of playing this music brings him. It’s difficult to not smile at least once during the performance due to the beauty and jubilance of his playing. Seeing Henry play this spiritual reminded me of the joy God brings to my life. Through music, prayer, fellowship, service, and mindfulness I am given life through God each and every day. Why waste this gift on what is trivial when there is so much to be thankful for? Today I am thankful, for God makes me glad.