Trust and Growth

This week, I sat down to write my first Lent Devotion. The theme I had chosen was “Growth,” a concept that I’ve thought a lot about since I first started here at BU. In fact, one of the first things I asked myself in the first week of classes freshman year was, “How will I grow?”

Much of my growth has been relatively fast-paced. I quickly adjusted to the workload and business of university life. I learned how to make connections with others more quickly and with less apprehension. Most importantly, I feel as though I grew in my faith. Perhaps, this has been the most unanticipated growth in my college career. With no one to tell me to wake up early on Sundays and attend church, or even apply to the Marsh Associate internship, I was free to pursue or sit back on my faith. Obviously, I chose to pursue my faith further.

Why is that? I’m not sure what exactly has compelled me. Perhaps, it is the normalcy and sense of home I feel at Marsh. But in this moment, I feel that it is a newfound sense of trust. I trust that I will continue my faith journey with discernment and thoughtfulness, pushing myself to grapple with questions and pursue answers.

n.y posted on July 20, 2023 at 9:24 am

Growth means understanding… Those who know growth in growing up actually don’t understand…