Lost Key

Well I had myself a bit of a scare yesterday. After traveling back from the dry cleaners, I realized my room key was not in my left front pocket (where it usually lives). Luckily, I had left my door unlocked since the dry cleaners was only about 200 yards away. Upon entering my room and reaching for where my key should’ve been, I did what anyone would do. I blurted out, “Are you kidding me?” while turning around the room quizically, wondering where on Earth I could have dropped it. Then, in a flash, I was walking hurriedly back to the dry cleaners, scouring the sidewalk with laser-focus for any sign of that one single key. No luck. So, I did a double-check as I walked back, zeroing in on each slab of pavement for a possible sign. Once I got back to the room, I checked under the bed, on the desk, in the closet, on the mantle, by the TV, checked my pockets again, checked my wallet (yeah I’m not sure why), turned out my pockets(also don’t know why), and after 20 minutes, sat on my bed and said, “Yup, it finally happened. I’ve lost my key.” I dejectedly texted my roommate asking him to leave the door unlocked for the next day until it would somehow magically turn up. I left for CFA and had dinner with my girlfriend and accepted the fact that my next chapel paycheck would go towards a shiny new BU replacement key.

But then IT happened.54632262984__FB83F25D-7F0F-43E9-BE8F-EC98FACC7386-1 I received a text with this picture. YUP, MY KEY WAS FOUND. In an instant, I felt like the woman in the parable of the lost coin. Somehow my roommate had found the key sitting on the floor next to my bed. I thanked him profusely and now I sit reflecting on these past events in the Warren Dining Hall. A whirlwind indeed.

This year, I’ve been struck with many “Are you kidding me?” moments. Immediately following this questioning, I innately go into “fix the problem” mode, which doesn’t always help the situation. In short, sometimes I simply need help. In times of struggle its better to have an extra pair of eyes or ears to solve the problem.  I thank my chapel family for their love, care, and generosity this year. Thank you for helping me to realize that I can’t do it all alone, and that in community we can find peace.

mixing tank posted on June 16, 2023 at 9:46 pm

You’re a genius!

neda posted on June 18, 2023 at 11:46 am

Well, you are lucky that it was found…