Streaming Consciousness

I can say with complete certainty that I am fortunate. I have a strong support group of family and friends, a safe home to rest my head, and ample food to keep me going.

It has recently become more apparent to me that I must remind myself of this constantly. One “bad” day does not mean that all is lost or horrid. Too often, I find myself feeling if not for a moment that I am the center. The center of my life, and the center of my world. Whether or not this is the natural way of human thinking, it blurs the truth. It causes me to forget how fortunate I am and how in one instant, in one night, I could lose everything.

I refuse to think that privilege is given solely to the good. Maybe one has privilege to create change, or maybe it is just a game of chance and fortune. However, one with privilege has no right to see themselves as the center.

I may be digressing now as this post is an attempt to write only what immediately comes to mind. But what I am trying to say and what I need to do is to constantly understand how unbelievably fortunate I am. How everything I am and everything I have is a gift. And that too often it is taken away before it can properly be used.

neda posted on June 1, 2023 at 4:11 am

Unlike you, I don’t believe much in luck. In my opinion, everything that happens to us is definitely caused by our own decisions.

mixing tank posted on June 16, 2023 at 9:41 pm

Impressive skills!