What will Come Tomorrow?

“Tomorrow is close if you have patience.” This Arabic proverb always provides insight for my future, especially because I do not know what the future holds. It means that as long as you are patient, you will receive what you have worked for or what it is that you want. I believe that most of us want more than one thing from tomorrow and these things change as each tomorrow goes by and becomes yesterday. At the moment I want to be a teacher, but I also hope to say “Yesterday I was a teacher”. At the moment I want to be a lawyer, but I also hope to say “Yesterday I was. lawyer”. At the moment I want to be a professor, but I also hope to say “Yesterday I was a professor”. Like most people I would like to obtain many things, but what am I doing to get there? Am I actually working hard? or am I just waiting for tomorrow to come to me? I honestly do not know, but I hope that tomorrow I can say that I tried my best to obtain and receive what I have, that I can truly be happy for myself and those around me. I hope to keep my optimism as I move forward, but I want to move forward with realism so that I can adapt to what tomorrow brings and mix it with what I learned yesterday.