Farewell Tour

I remember it like it was yesterday, writing my first blog. Nervous as I typed on the keyboard to introduce that 18 year old has undergone tremendous change in four years. As the last semester of undergrad is underway for me, I can’t help but get emotional as I say goodbye to the place I’ve called home since my first summer at Boston University. You all know my story, a kid with an acceptance that “it is bigger than me.” Over the past four years I have had tremendous success, moments of extreme despair, and having to re calibrate who I am as a human. I wish it was easy, that I can share with you a how to of college, the secret tips, but, I don’t know. As I embark on my farewell tour, my last hoorah at BU. As Student Body President, as the longest tenure Marsh Intern, and as a senior who doesn’t know where he’s really going, I’m going to do two things. Listen and have fun.

I’m leaving behind talented seniors and non seniors and I want to hear their stories. For one last time I want to know what makes them come alive, why they are here. I feel like I’ve done so much talking since coming to BU, I just want to listen. I want to bask in being in such a unique environment, with a plethora of personalities, one more time.

Lastly, I want to have fun. I had my sad boy season, feeling bad about everything I thought and what I did. I just want to have fun and enjoy this farewell tour. I’m surrounded by great people, in a great city and I don’t know when that will happen again.

To a final few months of being vulnerable, of choosing to be a better person. and to putting drama behind me and moving on.

nedaya posted on May 29, 2023 at 2:41 am

Maybe “listening” is the best quality with which we can talk and behave more wisely…