We have an awesome event planned for Tuesday, October 23rd from 6-9pm in the George Sherman Union Conference Auditorium. We will be screening Ocean Frontiers, a film about ocean stewardship and new strategies to lessen impacts on the ocean. It will discuss the issue of shipping routes and whales, introduce us to Iowan farmers who are improving the state of the Gulf of Mexico, and explain how a small fishing community conserves its resources. Following will be a discussion with a panel of experts:
- Prof. Les Kaufman, BU Marine Program and Dept of Biology; Senior Fellow for Conservation International
- Eric Zettler, Sea Education Association, Associate Dean for Institutional Relations and Research
- Dr. Craig McDonald, Superintendent, Gerry E. Studds Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary
- Lisbeth Bornhofft, Senior Educator, New England Aquarium
- Hannah Gossner from the BU Marine Science Association
Refreshments will be served at 6pm and the film will begin at 6:30pm. This event is free and open to the public.