Workshops

The Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching holds weekly workshops on topics related to education. Some of their topics for the fall include tips for engaging students, working with multicultural learners, and adapting clicker technology to the classroom. They meet Wednesdays at noon on the Charles River Campus. With the shuttle service, it’s easy to get back and forth.

Closer to home, the School of Public Health offers practicum workshops throughout the year. Some are focused on job hunting skills for their master’s students, but others–how to convey scientific knowledge to the public, how to create a research poster–are relevant for faculty as well.

Human Resources runs a regular training program as well. Their workshops tend to focus on issues around hiring and managing, but also include more general professional skills like time management, motivation, and even grammar. They alternate sessions between the Charles River and the Medical Campus.

The Office of Medical Education in the School of Medicine will be hosting two workshops this fall. Both have to do with clinical teaching.

Finally, the Department of Medicine offers its own faculty development series. Our next session will be on Monday, September 27 at noon in the Wilkins Board Room. Angela Jackson, MD and Rachel Stark, MD will address “Effective Techniques for Engaging the Reluctant Learner.”

Tags:

5 Responses to “Workshops”

1. Jin Stolfi says:

This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like ‘Mixview’ that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you’re listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of “neighbors” will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune “Social” is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

2. After I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any means you may take away me from that service? Thanks!

3. Great Post! This is a Subject that We Like very much. Thank you

4. what are the benefits of green tea, The following time I learn a weblog, I am hoping that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I mean, I do know it used to be my choice to read, however I really concept youd have something fascinating to say. All I listen is a host of whining approximately something that you perhaps can repair in case you werent too busy looking for attention.

5. Thanks, I have just been looking for information approximately this topic for a long time and yours is the greatest I’ve found out so far. However, what about the conclusion? Are you sure about the supply?