Coaching

InsideTrack partners with colleges to offer undergraduate and adult learners personalized coaching for academic success. When schools contract with the service, students receive regular calls from coaches who give them tips on time management and keep them engaged in their studies.

A large-scale, randomized study of the service found that students who received academic coaching were more likely to stay on track than those who didn’t. Male students, in particular, responded well to coaching, increasing their retention by 6 percentage points.

Although the study involves college students, it holds relevance for faculty as well. The small intervention of a coach to hold you accountable to your goals seems to yield positive results.

Tags:

2 Responses to “Coaching”

1. Hi! I love your post. It was with great interest that I read your post. You presented some really insightful points. I am the designer/creator of a free word press “Medicine and Medical Help Theme. I think your readers might be interested. The theme is instantly ready downloading from here: Medicine and Medical Help Theme

2. Outstanding article, thanks for sharing you have a way with words!