Women in Medicine

For the fourth year, the AAMC has surveyed its member medical schools for information on women faculty members. One trend it reveals is that women continue to be clustered at the lower ranks in Internal Medicine departments. The table shows the percent of women at each level.

Rank 2010 2009 2008 2007
Instructor 50
Assistant 41 40 39 38
Associate 29 28 27 26
Full 16 15 15 14

There is some solace in that the numbers are inching up from year to year. The complete report is here.

Tags:

10 Responses to “Women in Medicine”

1. Nu Millot says:

Fake A Lange & Sohne watches are wonderful collections of wrist watches, attractive, dignified, and elegant accessory for fashion.

2. Why women continue to be lower ranks in Internal Medicine departments?

3. Sorry for the double post, but my husband just mentioned to me that February’s issue of Inc. magazine has a $75 Google AdWords coupon. It says there’s no minimum budget required, so maybe they do function like FB ads.

4. Hey! This post could not be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this write-up to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

5. I like reading your posts, Women in Medicine Faculty Development and Diversity was added to my favorites in firefox.

6. team says:

Women in Medicine Faculty Development and Diversity has been stored as a favorite :), I like your website!

7. kids says:

Awesome posting in Women in Medicine Faculty Development and Diversity. I liked reading this article. If you want, please visit my website.

8. Exciting information, thank you for sharing these in Women in Medicine Faculty Development and Diversity.

9. Singer says:

My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post’s to be exactly what I’m looking for. Does one offer guest writers to write content for you? I wouldn’t mind publishing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome site!

10. Definitely, what a magnificent site and educative posts, I definitely will bookmark your website.All the Best!