Social Networking

Ed Bennett runs a website to track how hospitals in the United States use social media. He and his team have identified 3,952 social networking sites coordinated by 1,188 hospitals. The breakdown is revealing:

Media

While I had expected a large presence on Facebook and Twitter, the prominence of Foursquare surprised me. This service allows users with mobile devices to “check in” at a particular location.

The analysis of social networking can go even deeper. While Bennett calculates the presence of a Facebook page, for instance, UbiCare explores how much the target audience engages with the site. To achieve a high engagement score, a hospital typically adds over 7 posts a week.

While hospitals tend to target their communications at an external audience, faculty developers can learn from their techniques to reach internal stakeholders.

Tags: ,

263 Responses to “Social Networking”

1. tech place says:

Hey there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy reading through your articles. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects? Thank you!

2. tech place says:

The core of your writing while appearing agreeable originally, did not really sit properly with me after some time. Somewhere throughout the sentences you actually managed to make me a believer unfortunately just for a very short while. I however have a problem with your leaps in logic and one would do well to help fill in those gaps. In the event that you can accomplish that, I could definitely end up being amazed.

3. Great paintings! That is the type of information that are supposed to be shared across the internet. Disgrace on Google for now not positioning this put up higher! Come on over and visit my website . Thanks =)

4. […] and what we are facing here in Israel. ”“Nowadays a butler is known as a lifestyle manager,but it does not rep,jordan,By contrast when it, vocational training and Krav Maga (originally known as Palmah Kapap). […]

5. Great post. Thanks for sharing. I have checked couple of other posts you have and all of them look interesting. keep it up.

6. I’d must test with you here. Which isn’t something I normally do! I get pleasure from studying a submit that can make folks think. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to remark!

7. […] Fire from tall ships cannon off Dana Point proves […]

8. hair salon says:

I truly enjoyed your post in here and I am definitely going to check others.

9. Hi nice post. Enjoed reading it.

10. I can truly say you just got one more reader. I checked lots of your posts already and planning to keep reading. Valuable content.

11. Wow, such a great blog. I appreciate you shared this content with us.

12. ink drawing says:

Very good job on this post. It was informative to read.