Action on Retraction

RETRACTED SCIENCE AND THE RETRACTION INDEX -- Fang and Casadevall, 10.1128IAIAfter the editors of Infection and Immunity retracted six articles in one year, they got to thinking about the frequency of retractions.

They took a sampling of 17 journals with a range of impact factors and then created an index for each one that measured the number of retracted articles from 2001-2010 as a proportion of total articles published.

Their findings show that the higher the impact factor of the journal, the greater the frequency of retractions. They speculate that the rewards of publishing in prestigious venues may motivate researchers to engage in scientific misconduct.

Others who have looked at the data remind us that the number of retractions in all journals is vanishingly small. While it’s important to enforce ethical research practices, we may be overstating the impact of retracted papers.

Tags: ,

15 Responses to “Action on Retraction”

1. Pluskwa says:

Very Nice Net Site. I would really like to get a hold of you and converse to you about what you are doing to be so successful with your online marketing. Get in touch with me soon.Web site! How are you doing this? I am discovering that advertising on the internet may be very difficult, can you get in touch with me so we will discuss what you\\\’re doing to be so profitableIncredible job in your website! Please contact me, I might very much like to see what you are doing to be so profitable on the Internet.

2. Dean Bonser says:

Hiya….. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he just bought me lunch as I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch! “We strain to renew our capacity for wonder, to shock oursel…

3. Minna Burth says:

Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything. However think about if you added some great photos or videos to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this website could certainly be one of the very best in its field. Wonderful blog!

4. Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back often!

5. I think this is among the most significant info for me. And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things, The site style is wonderful, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

6. The very next time I read a blog, Hopefully it does not fail me just as much as this particular one. I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read, nonetheless I genuinely believed you would probably have something interesting to talk about. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something you could possibly fix if you were not too busy seeking attention.

7. Having read this I thought it was extremely enlightening. I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this informative article together. I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worthwhile!

8. Very nice article. I definitely love this site. Stick with it!

9. One thing I have actually noticed is that often there are plenty of misconceptions regarding the financial institutions intentions while talking about foreclosure. One fable in particular would be the fact the bank wants your house. The financial institution wants your hard earned dollars, not your property. They want the funds they lent you along with interest. Steering clear of the bank will still only draw the foreclosed final result. Thanks for your publication.

10. I have really missed seeing this beautiful building and the clock!

11. You created some quality issues there. I viewed on the internet for the concern and found most people may go along with with your web-site.

12. yay google is my king aided me to find this great website ! .

13. I’ve been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or blog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i’m happy to convey that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most certainly will make sure to do not forget this site and give it a look on a constant basis.

14. bob smith says:

very cool, thank you.

15. Related news: Shu Qi as an endorsement of