Spice of the Month: Cloves

cloves-whole-ground31

image source

Cloves impart a warm, sweet and aromatic taste to sweet breakfast breads and desserts but they can also make a wonderful addition to bean soups, stirfries and grilled dishes. It is very common in Indian and Caribbean recipes. Cloves have a very intense flavor, especially those that have been ground, care should be taken when deciding how much to use in a recipe so as to not overpower the flavors of the other ingredients. Get your spice on with these easy recipes:

How will you use cloves?

Food Guy posted on May 4, 2011 at 11:23 am

I’ve not been a clove fan so much, but just 2 days ago used cloves in a pork barbeque recipe. It added a nice flavor. Pulled pork barbeque sandwiches were awesome!

Caribbean food posted on September 9, 2011 at 3:54 am

This spice is one of the ingredients that intertwines East and West Indies culinary culture and history.

Its history and popularity even predates the Roman Empire.

Henry VIII was known to adore it’s qualities for improving the taste of pork and other foods.

What more can I say, this humble little clove will always occupy my spice rack.

poshta posted on October 1, 2011 at 6:30 am

Super site! I will defently bookmark it!!!

Exercise & Weigh Loss - Vibration Plates posted on May 5, 2012 at 6:14 pm

After looking into a few of the blog posts on your web page, I honestly appreciate your way of writing a blog. I saved it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my website too and let me know your opinion.