Best of the Food Web: Foodily

By Elizabeth Jarrard, Dietetics Student, Sargent College

Every Wednesday we will be posting about a new blog or cooking website that we love! The internet is filled with food websites, and our goal is to arm you with the “Best of the Food Web”!

While there is something wonderful and traditional about flipping through the pages of a worn cookbooks-dogeared and soup splatter on every other page, more often than not I turn to the internet for my recipes. As a college student moving from dorm to dorm, apt to apt, it’s just not feasibly to lug around a library of cookbooks every September 1st. And the internet is full of tempting recipes, to fit every delight, whim and craving. It’s made it infinitely easier to be a beginning, aspiring chef, and a godsend when jonesing for a gluten free, dairy free, egg free, sugar free pastry. But it’s also easy to get lost in the foodporn of Tastespotting, infinite resources of AllRecipes, and never ending lists from CookingLight, Vegetarian Times, Epicurious, Foodnetwork, and many more. And don’t even get me started on blogs!

This is why my life became much more simplified when I discovered the utter genius of Foodily. Type in what your looking for. Type in what you’re not looking for, and VOILA! you have your recipes, with gorgeous photos to boot. Donuts, without dairy? got it.  Chili no meat? done. Challah, no eggs? sorta….. Still not sure what you want to  make for dinner? browse away! (oh and did I say they are all-gasp-healthy? with markers for low fat, high fiber, etc etc??) Created by BU Alums, I mean it when I say this site will change your entire culinary experience.

foodily

So what are you waiting for! Ladies and Gentleman, start your search engine!

Disclaimer: The Sargent Choice blog includes links to other websites only as information to consumers, not as medical advice. When you access an external website, keep in mind that Sargent Choice has no control over its content.  Sargent Choice is not responsible for the content found at any of the sites, nor do any links imply endorsement or promotion of the company/organization, its content, services, therapeutic treatment options, or products. Accordingly, you visit any site at your own risk.  Sargent Choice is also not responsible for the policies and practices of these sites, such as their Privacy Policy, use of “cookies”, etc. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each site that you visit through a link on our website

Hillary posted on June 8, 2011 at 1:02 pm

As a graduate of CLA, ( I met my husband in Warren Towers!) I was thrilled to see this! Thank you for your review — I’m so thrilled you found Food, I love you!

Best,
Hillary
CMO and Co-Founder, Foodily

Paco Chierici posted on June 8, 2011 at 1:33 pm

What makes Foodily even tastier is that one of the Founders, Hillary Mickell, is a BU alum.