Love cooking, eating, playing games, and socializing? Then the Sargent Choice Test Kitchen is the place for you! Hosted by Professor Karen Jacobs (EdD, OTR/L, CPA, FAOTA) at her warm and welcoming StuVi 2 Apt 2301. Stop by every Wednesday night between 8-11pm! We look forward to seeing you there!
Can you believe it’s already February?! It feels as though the semester just started. Although it’s only been a month, I know many of us are already struggling to think about what to make for dinner each night. Our recommendation: this all-time favorite Smoky Corn and Black Bean Pizza.
To kick off the semester, the Sargent Choice Test Kitchen at Karen Jacob’s decided to make this favorite pizza recipe. Just in case you’ve missed previous blogs featuring this dish, the recipe is posted below! Take my word for it when I say it is too good to pass up!
Sargent Choice Smoky Corn and Black Bean Pizza
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 2 Tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 prepared whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1/3 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat oven to 450°F
2) Combine tomato, beans and corn in a medium bowl
3) Stretch the dough into about a 12in circle on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle cornmeal on the pizza pan then place the dough on the pan. Bake 8-10 minutes until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom
4) Spread barbeque sauce, tomato mixture and cheese on pizza. Return to oven and bake until the edges of the crust are crispy and the cheese has melted.
Tips and serving ideas
- If whole-wheat pizza dough is not available use a pre-prepared whole-wheat pizza crust
- To complete the meal, add a fresh salad with your leftover beans and chopped tomato; toss with your favorite dressing.
Food has a way of bringing people together…. So grab some friends and join the fun! See you next week!
Sargent Choice Test Kitchen
Karen Jacobs, Faculty-in-Residence
33 Harry Agganis Way; Apartment 2302
617 353-7516 (office); 617 838-1872 (mobile); firstname.lastname@example.org