Best of the Food Web: Eating Well

By Ellie Schulman, Film and Television student, College of Communication

I was asked to write a review of EatingWell.com for this blog, but every time I tried to focus on checking out the specifics of what the site has to offer, I would end up watching 20 minutes of cooking videos and making lists of what I want to try out. Kind of like what always happens when you go on YouTube—you go to find a live performance of the Spice Girls and next thing you know you’ve watched an hour’s worth of funny cat videos.  Of course, because this is a review post, I will highlight things that I discovered that I really like for those of you who want specifics. Otherwise I suggest you just go to their site to do some virtual wandering.

Before I get to the good stuff, I’ll give you some background about Eating Well. They are more than a website; their electronic media, in addition to their site, also includes an emailed newsletter. Outside of the virtual field, they have published several recipe books and continue to publish a monthly magazine, which is what started it all in 1990. The Eating Well Company works with the Nutrition Department at the University of Vermont to ensure that every recipe developed by their team is reviewed and approved by Registered Dietitians (RDs).

http://www.eatingwell.com/videos/video-index

Now, on to the interesting stuff. First, as I mentioned, I love their videos. None of them are so long that I get bored, but they do provide a quick idea of how much of what ingredients you’ll need, unlike other short cooking videos that skip over the necessary information. Not to mention that their recipe articles and videos are often similar to our Test Kitchen blog posts (self-promotion what what). As Sargent Choice Nutrition Center RD Sarah Butler says, “Eating Well recipes are generally in line with our Sargent Choice Principles…[so you] don’t have to make modifications to improve the nutritional quality of the recipe yourself.”

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus

Second, they have so many specific categories for recipes that you won’t have any trouble finding something you’d like to make. Click on the Recipes & Menus tab and when it takes you to the new page, you’ll see a bunch of specifications right under the tab. For those of you like me, you’ll probably first click on the “Easy Recipes” link because, let’s face it, who’s got the time or expertise in college to prepare a four course meal?  You might also choose to click through to the “Recipes for Two” link which I highly recommend if you have a significant other or a roommate who might as well be a significant other. Or, again, if you’re like me and you’re actually cooking for yourself twice—Present You and Future You. Trust me, Future You will thank Present You for making enough food for leftovers so he/she doesn’t have to cook that night (or would it be Past You by that point?). In any event, you’re killing two birds with one stone.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/eatingwell_flag_cake.html

They also have a bunch of other helpful recipe links, like Vegetarian Recipes, Kids Recipes (“Kids recipes = easy and simple recipes,” says Butler), Drinks, Desserts, Seasonal, and Festive! I was just on there before the Fourth and saw a delicious looking red, white, and blue Berry Cake recipe which I totally would have made if I didn’t have to catch a plane the next day (and if I owned a cake pan…).

If you click over to the Healthy Cooking tab you’ll find a few of the same categories and a few new ones. My favorite (and I’m sure yours will be too) is the Budget Cooking link, because who’s got the money in college to be making expensive meals? If you like this tab but feel like you’re lacking some basic knowledge on the subject you definitely need to sign up for the SCNC’s Healthy Cooking on a Budget class offered through the PDP program at FitRec each semester (self-promotion round two what WHAT).

The Diet & Health tab offers a lot of links pertaining to certain dietary concerns and health issues. Do you need to eat Gluten Free? Do you have a Diabetes concern? This tab makes it easy to view recipes with ingredients in keeping with your dietary needs.

That about wraps up what I wanted to highlight. Go to EatingWell.com, and you’ll see for yourself why it’s so helpful. You’ll fall in love with it, just as I did, because they have a bunch of recipes and tips for your specific cooking needs. And if nothing else, you’ll have a blast looking at pretty pictures of food.

Disclaimer: The Sargent Choice blog includes links to other websites only as information to consumers, not as medical advice. When you access an external website, keep in mind that Sargent Choice has no control over its content. Sargent Choice is not responsible for the content found at any of the sites, nor do any links imply endorsement or promotion of the company/organization, its content, services, therapeutic treatment options, or products. Accordingly, you visit any site at your own risk. Sargent Choice is also not responsible for the policies and practices of these sites, such as their Privacy Policy, use of “cookies”, etc. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each site that you visit through a link on our website

Sargent Choice

fax online services posted on August 5, 2013 at 11:23 pm

I think this is among the most vital information
for me. And i’m happy reading your article. But want to commentary on few basic issues, The website style is ideal, the articles is truly excellent : D. Good process, cheers

distillery equipment posted on July 27, 2022 at 1:53 am

A happy day

Web sitesi tanıtımı posted on February 9, 2024 at 6:50 am

Web sitesi tanıtımı. Firmanızın veya projenizin web sitesi, dijital varlığınızı güçlendirmenin önemli bir aracıdır. Sizi temsil eden bu çevrimiçi platform, kullanıcıların ürünlerinizi veya hizmetlerinizi keşfetmelerine, bilgi edinmelerine ve iletişim kurmalarına olanak tanır. Web sitesi tanıtımı Görsel çekiciliği, kullanıcı dostu arayüzü ve bilgi sunumundaki başarısıyla web siteniz, marka imajınızı oluşturmanın ve güçlendirmenin etkili bir yoludur. SEO uyumluluğu ve mobil dostu tasarımıyla web siteniz, geniş bir kitleye erişim sağlar. Sosyal medya entegrasyonu ve interaktif özellikleriyle müşteri bağlılığını artırır, böylece sizi dijital dünyada ön plana çıkar.

Samsun Yazılım Şirketleri posted on February 9, 2024 at 7:55 am

Samsun Yazılım Şirketleri

Samsun’da birçok yazılım şirketi, çeşitli sektörlerdeki işletmelere ve bireylere özel yazılım çözümleri sunmaktadır. Bu şirketler, web tasarımı, mobil uygulama geliştirme, özel yazılım projeleri ve diğer dijital çözümlerle ilgilenmektedir. Samsun yazılım şirketleri, müşterilerinin ihtiyaçlarına uygun çözümler üretmek ve teknolojiyi etkili bir şekilde kullanarak iş süreçlerini optimize etmek için uzmanlaşmıştır.

Bölgedeki yazılım şirketleri genellikle deneyimli yazılım geliştiricileri, tasarımcıları ve proje yöneticilerini bir araya getirerek müşterilerine kapsamlı hizmetler sunarlar. İşletmeler, yazılım ihtiyaçları için yerel yazılım şirketlerini tercih ederek kişiselleştirilmiş ve yerel bir hizmet almayı amaçlarlar. Samsun’daki yazılım şirketleri, teknolojiyi etkili bir şekilde kullanarak müşterilerinin dijital varlıklarını güçlendirmeye odaklanan çeşitli projelere imza atmaktadır.