Weekly roundup of social media news & ideas: July 11-15, 2011

The School of Education teaches Orientation Session 5 how to do the Terrier Shuffle.

Below are some articles that caught our interest this past week:

The Broader Role of Moderators in Online Communities (The Online Community Guide): Removing bad content and resolving disputes is just a small part of being a moderator on the web (your blog; your Facebook page). A community manager should be interested in proactively starting discussions and guiding what the community will talk about. Setting up weekly features (thinking: BUAA’s Terrier Tip Tuesday) can help to grow a web community.

App Connects Governments And Citizens on Facebook (AllFacebook): The CRT Facebook app allows citizens to report municipal issues to their local governments. How could students work together to solve problems or provide regular feedback in an app like this? What types of issues could it address?

Google Plus is Not Your Blog (Chris Brogan): Nor is Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn — they serve as outposts for your content. They are enhancements to what you are already doing, whether it’s publishing a quarterly newsletter for alumni or hosting events for incoming students. We’ve noticed a few campus organizations, including the Programming Council and the International Affairs Association, have jumped onto Google+ recently (we’re currently holding off, as Google has options for businesses rolling out shortly.) Are you trying Google Plus? What are your thoughts so far?

The Student Affairs Technology Unconference Boston is being hosted by Dean of Students Kenn Elmore and Ed Cabellon on Friday, July 29th. There are a few tickets left, but if you’d rather save them for higher ed folks outside of BU, the hashtag to follow that day is #satechBOS.

tworzenie stron internetowych uk posted on September 22, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I am usually to blogging and i really recognize your content. The article has actually peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your web site and keep checking for new information.

Rogelio Ritschard posted on October 2, 2012 at 12:37 am

My relatives every time say that I am wasting my time here at net, but I know I am getting experience every day by reading thes good posts.

rad posted on June 28, 2013 at 10:19 pm

This design is wicked! You certainly know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start
my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job. I really enjoyed what you had to say,
and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!