One of the most important elements of your mental approach to sport is the ability to assess and examine yourself and your performance. In the sport world developing awareness about yourself, your opponent, and your teammates, are all critical components to athletic excellence. Great players often spend time learning about their responses to challenges, how they will approach competition, and the results they expect.
Accurate and honest knowledge about yourself and your athletic endeavors allows for physical and mental development, strategy creation, and overall sound preparation. Use the questions below to gain a better understanding of how you approach your sport.
1. Three things I enjoy about my sport are?
2. Two accomplishments I am most proud of as an athlete are?
3. My strengths as an athlete are?
4. My areas for Improvement as an athlete are?
5. My goals for the remainder of the season are?