Suchi Gopal is a Professor in the Geography and Environment at Boston University as well as a Research Professor at several centers including the Centers for Remote Sensing, BU’s Marine Program (BUMP), Institute for Sustainable Energy, Global Development Policy Center, Boston University Initiative on Cities, the Rafik B. Hariri Institute for Computing and Computational Science & Engineering, and the Pardee Center of the Study of the Longer-Range Future. She is also visiting professor at the Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria. She currently serves as the World Class Professor at Diponegoro University, Semarang – Indonesia.
My research is primarily motivated by spatial modeling, data integration, spatial pattern recognition, and spatial statistics in several contexts, including landcover characterization and change detection, public health, urban biogeography, marine management, biodiversity, and risk assessment. I have proven track record in extramural funding (as lead- or co-PI or team member) and published over 85 articles in peer-reviewed journals. My ongoing work covers the following themes:
- Spatial big data analytics and AI,
- Quantifying the ESG materiality metrics and reporting,
- Marine spatial decision support tools,
- Modeling health access and disease incidence,
- Spatial models for (i) opioid addiction; (ii) validating climate skepticism,
- Climate change and coastal flooding,
- Analyzing environmental change, and
- Sustainable supply chains.