Gerard LaFond

cropped-cropped-IMG_9597.jpg
Gerard LaFond is the Head Coach for the Men’s Water Polo team at Boston University. By day, Gerard is the SVP of Digital for LEWIS Global Communications working with brands to build stronger connections to their customers through creative content and digital channels.

Gerard LaFond played goalie as a collegiate water polo player at the University of California, Riverside leading the team to a top ten national ranking in 1990. Gerard has continued to stay active as both a player and coach for the last 20 + years competing in masters and open tournaments with Boston Metro, CC United, Scottsdale Water Polo Club, OC Riptide, Blue Thunder and KAOS. Gerard has also played internationally in two FINA World Championships and spent a summer playing competitively in Italy. Prior to being head coach for BU, Gerard was an assistant coach for the BU men’s team and an interim head coach at San Bernardino Valley College.

Gerard was named the CWPA New England Coach of the Year in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

2 thoughts on “Gerard LaFond”

1. Hello –
    Congratulations on restoring a successful Men’s Water Polo Program at a great university! I was a player on the Team during the 1986 & 1987 seasons. I remember several hard fought victorious matches against Dartmouth , Brown , Harvard and MIT, to name a few.
    I would like to know how I could support the team and purchase a BU Water Polo Hoodie and T-Shirt, etc.? Please let me know by contacting me at my e-mail address : mjjb3@comcast.net
    Also, are you considering building out a robust Alumni support network? You should. That would be a missed opportunity, if you didn’t. I noticed that you only list a couple recent graduating years for Alumni.
    Thank you very much for continuing to carry the torch for BU.
    Best wishes in the upcoming 2023-2024 season!
    Regards,
    Martin Bowen CLA (CAS) ‘88