1. Season pass forms and money are due FINAL date NOVEMBER 18TH. No cash, only accepting checks made out to “Stratton mountain,” money orders, or credit/debit cards, all made out for $295.00, tax included. THAT’S IN TWO WEEKS!!! After that you cannot get this extended BUST discount price. Have your money now? Bring money to meeting this week and you can fill out a form at the meeting.
2. Check your email. If you have turned in your med form and dues, you have the Ashbury Eyewear proform and send us an email for the Skullcandy code. If you haven’t turned in your dues and med form, you won’t be getting any more emails from us.
Meeting Wednesday at 9pm in STO B50
1. Tonight there is a kickoff party w/a rail jam for all of those 21+. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=164667538913&index=1
2. “The Blizzard” Winter Kick Off party at The Roxy. More info here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=168764253649&index=1
3. Interested in seeing Warren Miller’s new film Dynasty? We’re trying to get a group together for the show Friday Nov. 13 at 6:30pm. Tickets are kinda expensive but there are perks (lift tickets) that you get for going. If you are interested in coming, email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot. Check out more info here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170714239351&index=1
4. Spring Break, if you’re interested in going with us to Copper Mountain, talk to your parents over Thanksgiving Break because we need to get things booked in early December.
5. Sunday River trip Jan 3-8 with the Snowriders. It’ll be about $275 (and could drop with a bigger group) for lodging and lift.
As always, talk to us or email us with questions.
1. Dues & medforms due this week
2. Season pass forms and money are due FINAL date NOVEMBER 18TH. No cash, only accepting checks made out to “Stratton mountain,” money orders, or credit/debit cards, all made out for $295.00, tax included. THAT’S IN TWO WEEKS!!! After that you cannot get this extended BUST discount price. Have your money now? Bring money to meeting this week and you can fill out a form at the meeting.
3. Workout tomorrow at 6pm at Fitrec
4. Saturday there is a video premiere/kickoff party for all of those 21+. We need to know specifically who wants to go so we can get you on the guest list (free cover). Email back today or we can’t get you on the list.
5. If you are thirsty you should come to the meeting too. Code Blue energy might show up to fill you to the brim with delicious energy drink.
6. Come support our fellow BUST member/officer Taylor at BU’s Funniest Student Finals. Its next Thursday at BU Central. It’s all based off of crowd voting and he needs us. Plus, Taylor is a funny guy, heck, he might be BU’s funniest!
See you Wednesday at 9pm in STO B50,
Katie Ashley Taylor Warren Lauren and Alexa
Boston University Snowboard Team (BUST)
1) Nov. 18th is really the date for our season pass forms to be due to the team. At the movie premiere and to us, the pass is $279 +tax ($295?).
2) We have a team workout at 6pm in Fitrec on Wednesday. Meet in the lobby and then head up to the indoor track.
1. Movie Premiere of Transworld Snowboarding’s “Get Real” and sale of season pass to Stratton, Okemo, & Sunapee for $279. Includes a subscription to the magazine. There will be lots of giveaways. TOMORROW, Tuesday, October 27th 2009. BU Central 7-9pm. *
2. Meeting Wednesday at 9pm in STO B50
A. A representative from Bean Snowboards will be here to talk about all the exciting stuff happening at Bean. They’ll also be discussing possible opportunities within the company (e.g. internships, models, people to demo, riders for videos/photos, etc.)
B. A representative from the SnowRiders will be here to talk about their awesome snowboarding travel opportunities and upcoming events in and around Boston.
C. Bring yo dues & medforms fools (we’ll have extra medforms on hand, bring yo medical card). These are due Nov. 11.
*this might be a good idea if you don’t like to use forms and/or you have your money now. BUST will have forms starting Wed. until Nov. 17 (firm deadline).
Friday Oct. 16th from 6-8 at Amory Park in Brookline. Come out and have an awesome time with the team playing a lil capture the flag. Max and relax in the cool Boston autumn before it starts to get so cold that you don’t recognize your teammates. Okay, but really its an annual event that is a ton of fun.
Join our facebook event:
Friday night about 20 kids from the BU Snowboard Team went down to BLVD Shop to check it out. We really dug the digs they carry. “We’ll be back,” we say. General conversations about how we hope to snowboard soon, what new gear we bought over the summer, and what we’d be doing over the weekend came up. All thoughts of exams and papers melted away. All that mattered was the here and now.
When the clock struck 9:45 we ambled towards the Other Side, some people joining us or leaving us on the way. We approached the door, showed ID, and many of us recieved the [disgraceful] black “X” on our left hand. We proceeded to mull and converse, now with the loud music of the two story bar slash restaurant.
Alas, finally the movies start! Ah the grace and athleticism of snowboarding. We all wish to do what they do, but we must wait until it snows. In between the movies, as there were two, there was a great product giveaway. Many people walked away with tshirts, hats, and other snowboarding goodies. This was a great first team event and they will only get better. Everyone enjoyed themselves, remembering last season with old friends and making new friends with their new teammates all the while getting to watch pros beast it on screen.
BLVD Movie Premiere TONIGHT!
We have a couple options as to where to meet.
Chris from BLVD said to come hang out at the shop beforehand. This may include refreshments.
1) Meet at 8:30pm at the Agganis Statue in West Campus to take the T down to Hynes
2) Meet at 8:45pm in front of the Citizen’s Bank (big and green) in Kenmore Square to walk down to the shop
3) Meet at BLVD (251 Newbury St., aka the 3rd block down on the left) between 9-9:30 to hang out with the guys there and then walk over to the Other Side Cafe.
4) Come as you wish. The movies start at 10 at the Other Side Cafe (407 Newbury St., aka on the other side of Mass Ave).
See you tonight,
Katie Ashley Taylor Warren and Alexa
Boston University Snowboard Team (BUST)
Making the stickers look fly. Thanks thirtytwo and BERN!
Everything you need: Chill hat, posters, Nationals bib, sign up sheet.
There are a ton of people here!
Representin’ the BERN cap
Andrea snowboards on turf
Holding up signs so people can see.
Katie really loves BUST
Have more pictures? Send them to email@example.com.