Health Comm Degree Recognized with USDLA Silver Award!

usdla-award-silver-2010
The following post is from Daisy Cerritos, a Student Services Coordinator, in the Office of Distance Education.  Daisy attended the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) 2010 National Conference along with Director Nancy Coleman where they accepted a prestigious award for one of our online programs:

USDLA_308_b

Left to right: John Flores (USDLA CEO), Marci Powell (USDLA Board Member), Nancy Coleman (BU ODE Director), Daisy Cerritos (BU ODE Student Services Coordinator), and Reggie Smith, III (USDLA President)

As the Student Services Coordinator for the online Master of Science in Health Communication program, I had the wonderful opportunity, along with the Director of the Office of Distance Education, Nancy Coleman, to accept the 2010 Silver Award for Best Practices in Distance Learning Programming on behalf of all of those involved with this program.  I’ve worked with this one-of-a-kind online program since it began being offered online through Boston University in the fall of 2008.

Not only was I proud to accept this award because of all the hard work everyone has put in to make it a successful online program, but I also felt the award was an accomplishment on another level because the program is a collaborative effort between Metropolitan College and the College of Communication.  I myself received my Bachelor’s degree from the College of Communication and am currently pursuing my Master’s degree through Metropolitan College.  I am pleased with the education I have received from both schools and have seen from both the student perspective, as well as the administrative perspective the high level of quality that goes into a Boston University education.  Receiving the award was a nice added touch because it makes everyone involved with the program feel appreciated for the quality work we have produced all along.  We now have the recognition we deserve!