I got an Aeronautics Award

So I just got the below note in my e-mail tonight!  Although many think I only play with robots and LEGOS, before I got into robots, my main focus was astronomy and flying airplanes.  I still teach an aeronautical engineering camp in the summer with the BU College of Engineering and launch rockets with the engineering students at BUA.

I am excited to attend this awards gala with all these big shots from NASA, the FAA, and the DoD.  Autograph books are out, so maybe I will have to get one of those selfie tripod cameras my cousin had on New Year’s Eve.  If you look at the photos from last year’s gala, it looks like a huge awesome deal!

Here is my excitement of the weekend.

Congratulations! On behalf of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) it is my pleasure to inform you that you have been selected as one of the winners of the AIAA Foundation Educator Achievement awards.

The AIAA Foundation presents the Educator Achievement Awards every two years to no more than five classroom teachers who have demonstrated exemplary efforts in exciting students in grades K–12 about the study of mathematics, science, and related technical studies, and in preparing them to use and contribute to tomorrow’s technologies. Through this recognition, AIAA celebrates the “best and brightest” educators for inspiring students.

You and one guest will be invited to AIAA’s Aerospace Spotlight Awards Gala at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, Washington D.C. (annual black-tie celebration honoring achievements in aerospace) on May 6, 2015 where the award will be presented.