Challenge #3

Go Vegetarian!

This challenge comes from Sargent Choice – our partner in healthy eating. In honor of Vegetarian Awareness Month, we’re challenging you to go vegetarian at least 3 days this week! There’s a whole national backing to this idea, it’s called Meatless Monday. It’s pretty incredible to think that producing a hamburger requires the same amount of water that you would use by taking 40 showers using a low-flow shower nozzle! Imagine the difference you can make if you went vegetarian just once a week every week!

Sargent Choice partnered with Sabrina Pashtan, Sustainability Coordinator for Dining Services, to create a campaign called Make a Difference Mondays. Each Make a Difference Monday the dining halls go pork- and beef-free and serve as many local foods as possible. The first Make a Difference Monday is today so be sure to check out the dining halls’ selections & gather ideas for the rest of the week!

What are some other reasons for going vegetarian?

• Like we said, what an impact on the environment!
  • Cheaper on your wallet
  • Good for your health
  • More variety in your diet
  • An excuse to try out new recipes!

Tips for Going Vegetarian:

• Start small – if an entire day of vegetarian eating is too much try out just one meal
  • Think it might be too hard to go veg as a student eating in the dining hall? Keating Simmons, Dietetic Intern, Sargent Choice Nutrition Center is here to help, check out her tips here and check out our other vegetarian-related posts.
  • If you’re a parent with picky kids, and think vegetarian meals are way out of the picture turn to Meal Makeover Moms.  Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD and Liz Weiss, MS, RD are both Sargent Alumni and cook up some tasty kid friendly vegetarian recipes.
  • Experiment with new recipes! Check out Vegetarian Times and Post Punk Kitchen for some inspiration!

To win this week’s raffle: Upload a picture of one of your vegetarian meals to Sargent College’s Facebook page or tell us what your vegetarian meal was!

Website Development company posted on September 3, 2019 at 4:59 am

Thanks for such a great post.

Smith William posted on April 7, 2022 at 2:04 pm

A good informative post that you have shared and thankful your work for sharing the information. I appreciate your efforts and all the best. Got some appealing information and would like to give it a try. Applaud your work and keep sharing your information.

Buy Twitter Accounts

viva ive tv app posted on April 26, 2022 at 9:26 am

Sometimes it’s like: If something terrifies you, you should totally do it BECAUSE it terrifies you…

movie hd apk posted on April 26, 2022 at 1:25 pm

Make A Plan. While you don’t know what is going to happen in the future, you can always plan ahead.

aos tv apk posted on April 26, 2022 at 1:28 pm

you must be the change you wish to see in the world

spray nozzle posted on August 26, 2022 at 12:57 am

Challenge #3 | Healthy Lifestyle Challenge

trunnion ball valve posted on August 26, 2022 at 1:48 am

Challenge #3 | Healthy Lifestyle Challenge1661492896

Orion 132 posted on May 19, 2023 at 3:05 am

Thank you for sharing this insightful post! The third challenge highlighted in this article encourages us to step out of our comfort zones and embrace new experiences. Modern Office Spaces In Noida

Orion One 32 Noida posted on May 22, 2023 at 9:16 am

Thanks for sharing this insightful challenge from HLC Blog. Embracing new experiences opens doors to personal growth.

dianesawyer785 posted on September 26, 2023 at 1:38 am

As an educational background, I have a busy schedule but I must try this challenge for my healthy life, people call me and say take my online class cheaprate, I provide academic help to students,.

John David posted on September 27, 2023 at 11:27 am

Go Vegetarian and consider the impact on the environment. Also, explore sustainable options for RG5-6960 – HP High Voltage Power Supply Board Assembly Has Contacts for a greener tech approach.

Company Contact Detail posted on September 29, 2023 at 5:43 am

I am really very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found what I actually want. Thanks a lot for sharing a piece of wonderful information which I am looking for for a longer period of time.
marc-rebillet-phone-number
ROHIT

Digital India posted on September 29, 2023 at 5:45 am

Your posts has very useful for me. I’ll save it to reference.
beti bachao beti padhao yojana/
ROHIT

Uidai Online Aadhaa Card posted on September 29, 2023 at 5:50 am

The blog has accurate information I like the way you have delivered the main point related
ROHIT

Typing Speed posted on September 29, 2023 at 5:57 am

I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!.
ROHIT

Mobile Number posted on September 29, 2023 at 6:00 am

I am glad to read this post and hope your next article is are so useful for me so you are meeting in the next process for more information click in my profile
ROHIT

Mobile Number posted on September 29, 2023 at 6:03 am

ROHIT

Apk Medley posted on October 4, 2023 at 1:43 pm

Best info, i am a regular user of the blog.

Company Contact Detail posted on October 13, 2023 at 4:54 am

ROHIT

Memory posted on October 23, 2023 at 12:56 pm

One study found that people who followed a vegetarian diet had better memory performance than people who ate meat. The study also found that vegetarians had a higher volume of gray matter in the hippocampus, a region of the brain that is important for memory.

iescobill.pk posted on December 10, 2023 at 3:34 pm

Check iesco bill online for free. Check Wapda bills

SEPCO Online Bill posted on January 19, 2024 at 9:59 am

I accept the challenge if you give