Final Exams

I’ve never been in a situation where my entire grade was based on one exam and where my exam grades purportedly play a large role in the quality and quantity of job interviews (for my summer ‘09 job) I will get in the ensuing six to nine months. To help avert a mental breakdown in facing exams that I’m told could ultimately dictate the quality of my post-graduate career, I’ve booked a trip to Disney World. Yup. I haven’t been this excited in a while! I can’t think of a more perfect way to conclude the most stressful, difficult and overwhelming year of my life than to spend a long weekend in the happiest place on earth surrounded by a bunch of muppets!

In the meantime, to help myself through exams I’ve decided to follow a classmate’s example and pay myself to study. I have an earnings bracket worked out based on how many total hours I study per day. Yes it’s already money I have, yes I know it sounds stupid, but it’s working….. it’ll be my spending money in Disney. I have friends that are using it to buy themselves a special prize- something that has nothing to do with business casual clothing or study guides- those are the rules. Feel free to borrow the trick- nothing to get the motivational juices going like bribing yourself!

One Trackback

[…] deals with 1L exams in a different way. Adrienne talked a little bit about the stress of having all of your grades determined by one exam. For me, […]