Half done!

Like I said at the end of 1L year, it’s crucial to handsomely reward yourself for surviving each semester and each session of finals. So this time I took a glorious 2 day snowboarding trip with some classmates. We earned 5 FREE lift tickets by going to this movie earlier in the semester and we spent a total of $50 in the end on food, beer and lodging. First of all, Thanks to Olga for calling everyone at 6:30 in the morning and waking us all up- I simply forgot to set my alarm and Anuj simply forgot to wake up when he shut his off.

We left Boston in the midst of an ice storm and headed north where the ice turned into fluffy flakes of powder. It took twice as much time as we thought between the traffic and the conditions, but it was no biggy- we had Olga’s iPod full of weird Russian music and free lift tickets to boot! We got to Waterville Valley around 11 and the snow was 6 inches of perfect powder. I actually didn’t know how to board in it because I’m so used to ice but it was much more forgiving on my knees and bum the times I cartwheeled down the mountain…..

The lifts closed all too soon and we gathered our things and headed Vermont-ward! We filled ourselves with burgers and local brews and began the 2 hour drive west. We rocked out to the high school and undergrad mix CDs I brought singing along to Stacy’s Mom and Mr. Big. We lodged in a cute little cottage style motel 30 minutes from Stratton Mountain in Vermont. The conditions were great the next day, though I took my boyfriend’s stupid advice and repositioned my bindings for powder conditions only to find that it was icier and hard packed at Stratton. I blame the golf ball sized bruise on my right knee on him.

Lifts closed at 4, again, all too soon. On the way back to Boston, we decided to make a 2 hour pit stop in Amherst, MA- home of UMass Amherst- me and Anuj’s undergrad Alma Mater and the best wings on the planet. Yes, the best. I dare you to prove otherwise. If I had to list the top 10 attractions in Massachusetts, The Hanger would easily be in the top 5.

Anyways killer way to end the semester and celebrate the half way mark with my law school career! And even better, it’s snowing today! Boston is buried in a foot of fluff and I am just dying to go to Wachusett Mountain!!!

top-of-stratton.thumbnail