Sermons on Sunday Mornings

The Sunday Morning sermon study is a thing of beauty. For the last two weeks, the conversation has flowed spontaneously with theological insight, moral questioning, and ethical dilemma. Deep questions such as, “Is it sinful to think a sinful action, or is it only sinful to carry out that action?” and “What is freedom?” are common in the groups question canon.

To me, this is why faith is so miraculous. A room full of people aged 19 to elderly take time each week to sit down and discuss life’s questions. Each week I am reminded that no matter what age or from what generation someone is, they have similar concerns and questions to my own.

Age, gender, race, and Christian beliefs are quite varied in the group. Yet, there is connection; a connection in understanding. Each member questions and listens to find a shared feeling of comprehension. Many of the questions posed remain unanswered. Yet, each brings a new realm of thoughtfulness and insight.

I am so grateful that such a diverse group of people can peacefully sit around a circle and ruminate, ponder, and define their spirituality. I am thankful to be a Christian, and I am thankful that there are others just like me on this quest for understanding.

mixing tank posted on June 16, 2023 at 9:52 pm

You’ve got what it takes!

nyas posted on July 20, 2023 at 9:11 am

Thinking about sin is not a sin, but it is very dangerous…