Best of the Food Web — Brain Power Edition

By Kelli Swensen, Dietetics Student, Sargent College

Every Wednesday this semester we will be posting about a new blog or cooking website that we love! The internet is filled with food websites, and our goal is to arm you with the “Best of the Food Web”!

With classes now in full swing I hope you can forgive me for not bringing you a featured food blog or website this week. It isn’t that I’ve run out of ones to tell you about (trust me I still have a bunch that I can’t wait to share!), but that I want to highlight a very useful blog that you’ll be happy you know about before studying and classwork really start piling up. Boston University is a community rich in opportunities and resources. Among these resources is the Education Resource Center.  Within the first month of freshman year I had heard people mention the ERC, but it wasn’t until last year when I was taking organic chemistry that I really took an interest. For anyone who isn’t aware, the ERC is your go-to place for any questions about tutoring. But don’t limit yourself in thinking that tutoring is all the ERC provides. The ERC is really about helping students achieve their full potential by providing tips on the formation of study habits, good note taking, ways to reduce stress, and many other aspects of the learning process.

Although they have an official website where you can get more information, what I want to focus on is their blog. The ERC blog has articles written by students for students. Topics such as getting distracted by the internet and how to be a more efficient note taker are both useful and relevant to undergrads and grad students alike. What I like most about the blog is how fun and relatable the posts are. Reading the articles I don’t feel like I am getting a lecture from my parents or professors. Instead it feels like I am having a conversation with a friend who has studied up on the subject. So take my advice: check out this blog! Trust me, in a couple of weeks when exam season begins, you’ll be happy to already know how to study effectively and keep your stress levels low. They also post event announcements on their blog, so make sure to check back frequently so you don’t miss out on free coffee days or stress management workshops!

Some posts I recommend checking out and forwarding on to friends:

Disclaimer: The Sargent Choice blog includes links to other websites only as information to consumers, not as medical advice. When you access an external website, keep in mind that Sargent Choice has no control over its content.  Sargent Choice is not responsible for the content found at any of the sites, nor do any links imply endorsement or promotion of the company/organization, its content, services, therapeutic treatment options, or products. Accordingly, you visit any site at your own risk.  Sargent Choice is also not responsible for the policies and practices of these sites, such as their Privacy Policy, use of “cookies”, etc. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each site that you visit through a link on our website

distillery equipment posted on July 27, 2022 at 3:35 am

nice to meet you