Best of the Food Web: How to Find Real Food

By Kelli Swensen, Dietetics Student, Sargent College

Every Wednesday this semester we will be posting about a new blog or cooking website that we love! The internet is filled with food websites, and our goal is to arm you with the “Best of the Food Web”!

realfood1

This week’s featured blog comes as a recommendation from the wonderful Elizabeth Jarrad. Sarah Seppa, a current dietetic intern in Huston, created How To Find Real Food to help readers navigate the grocery store, knowing which products to choose and which to stay away from. Her writing has such a personal touch to it – I’ve never met her, yet after reading her posts I feel like I’ve been reading a close friend’s blog. And just like a close friend, Sarah is very realistic. She understands that many people don’t have time to make everything from scratch, and, although it’d be wonderful if we could all avoid pre-packaged foods, we all have occasions where they are the only option. For more information on the goals of her blog check out her first post Grocery Store Nutrition.

In addition to helpful tips, Sarah also shares some of her daily recipes. Being a dietetic intern is a full-time job, so you can bet that these recipes are quick and perfect for busy students and workers. Keeping with the theme of fast nutrition, she is a big fan of smoothies and shares some of her smoothie creations, I’m planning on making her Seattle Smoothie very soon!

One more thing: the background of her blog is beautiful! Makes me think of the CSA box and fresh produce — it definitely gets you in the mindset of healthy eating. I found myself craving a vegetable and fruit-packed smoothie after reading the blog, I’m pretty sure the background was to blame.

Please go and visit her blog! To get you going here are some posts not to miss:

Disclaimer: The Sargent Choice blog includes links to other websites only as information to consumers, not as medical advice. When you access an external website, keep in mind that Sargent Choice has no control over its content.  Sargent Choice is not responsible for the content found at any of the sites, nor do any links imply endorsement or promotion of the company/organization, its content, services, therapeutic treatment options, or products. Accordingly, you visit any site at your own risk.  Sargent Choice is also not responsible for the policies and practices of these sites, such as their Privacy Policy, use of “cookies”, etc. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each site that you visit through a link on our website

Martin posted on November 24, 2011 at 1:37 am

Interesting site, I like the fermentaton post too. Very interesting.

cure gout posted on January 3, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Your post is Very informative.Definatly will check back on the best foods!
Thanks for sharing this useful information with us.
Thank you so much for posting this, it has helped me out enormously.
how to cure gout naturally http://www.goodforyou.biz/cure-gout.html

distillery equipment posted on July 27, 2022 at 3:18 am

how are you