Vitamin Supplement Advice from an Expert

By Kelli Swensen, Dietetics Student, Sargent College

Image Source

Flintstones Vitamins were all the rage growing up. While I didn’t understand why I had to take them, I figured vitamins must be very important if my mom was giving them to me. Flash forward to 2013, and nearly every day there seems to be a new “it” vitamin. With the constant bombardment of vitamin recommendations, it can be hard to know which ones you should take, or if you even need to take them at all. In an interview with BU Today, supplement expert and Sargent Choice Nutrition Center Director Stacey Zawacki, DrPH, RD, LD, addresses the common question: what supplements should I be taking? Her basic answer to this question is, “Everyone is unique,” but she also adds that you can get more vitamins and minerals in your diet by eating whole foods — you don’t necessarily need to take a pill to get adequate nutrition. Read Stacey’s whole interview on vitamin supplements on BU Today by clicking HERE, and for more personalized advice, be sure to set up an appointment with a dietitian at the Sargent Choice Nutrition Center.

Photo by Kalman Zabarsky, from BU Today

cursor system posted on February 28, 2013 at 6:52 am

I agree with Stacey that good and balance diet food will give you all vitamins and minerals. Just make sure it should be supplemented with little exercises.

distillery equipment posted on July 27, 2022 at 2:11 am

Thanks for sharing