Selected research guides in law and religion. Compiled by students in HI 510 Topics in Legal History: Global History of Tolerance.
- Catholicism and State in the British Isles
- Herbert Marcuse on Tolerance
- Religious Intolerance: Exploring Muslim America, Post-9/11
- Religious Pluralism in the United States: 1960- Present
- Religion and State in Communist China
- Religious Symbolism in Public Schools: French Laicite and American Secularism
- Religious Tolerance and Intolerance of Jews and Baha’is in Iran
- Role of the Catholic Church in Resisting Communist Rule in Poland
Students in HI 295 Religious Controversies and the Law (spring 2015) and CC 204 Religion and Secularism (spring 2015) undertook a number of different bibliographical and research projects; selections below.
- A bibliography on religion, the death penalty, and the Tsarnaev trial (compiled collectively by HI 295, Spring 2015)
- Resources on comparative constitutions
Student research guides:
Topical guides to religion and the Supreme Court of the United States:
- Cases Concerning Corporations and Religious Freedom
- Cases Concerning Education
- Cases Concerning Gender and Sexuality
The selected bibliographies listed below are the product of research undertaken by students in the course CAS CC 204: Religion and Secularism, in Spring 2015.
- Internal Divisiveness in Judaism
- Naturalization and Matters of Citizenship
- The Puritan Legacy in New England
- Gay Marriage and Religious Freedom
- Management of Holy Sites in the Near East
- Ultra-Orthodox Judaism and the Israeli Draft
- Reproductive Justice
- Marriage Equality
- Religious Land Use
- Addressing Boko Haram
- Religious Affiliations of the Hagia Sofia
Special thanks to Zachary Bos, Justin Lievano, and other members of the Core Curriculum staff for their editorial assistance.