National Distance Learning Week: ODE Behind the Scenes

Place holder for ndlw_09_office_02

Today’s video blog entry takes you behind the scenes of a typical day at the Office of Distance Education. Meet some of the people who bring BU’s fully online programs to you each day.

Click here for a text transcript of the audio.

Eric Ribitsch posted on December 15, 2009 at 10:33 am

Awesome video. As a grad student who is finishing up my courses online, it’s great to see how BU goes above and beyone other schools in making this the best education it can possibly be.

Honestly, this is the best eduacation I have ever received from a University – Keep up the great work!

Dan Sobczynski posted on December 15, 2009 at 5:48 pm

As a BU course facilitator in the MS in management program for over five years, I appreciate seeing the individuals in the distance learning department. It’s nice to connect a name with a face.

I can echo much of the video’s content. The BU on-line courses are world class and are as challenging as any top-flight university’s face-to-face courses.
Cheers,
Dan Sobczynski

Michael Olive posted on December 23, 2009 at 8:24 pm

What a great video! I am beginning my graduate work in January and it’s wonderful to “virtually meet” some of the people I’ll be working with over the next two years. I’m pleased to see that BU puts so much effort into their distance education program!

Can’t wait to get started!
Michael Olive

Nancy Coleman posted on January 25, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the video. It was fun to create, and we all enjoyed giving you a look behind the scenes. Look for more short snippets of insider info coming soon!

Nancy Coleman
Director of DIstance Education

William posted on March 11, 2010 at 9:06 am

Great video! I am currently on my second class online with BU. Currently taking Dr. Kip Beckers’ E-Commerce course! In class we are creating blogs- so this site is right up our alley!

BU has been great so far!

William