About me

My name is Katherine, but everyone calls me Kat, so please feel free to do the same.  I’m originally from Edinburgh, Scotland, but have moved around a lot over the years, and moved to the U.S from Mexico just over 3 years ago.

London’s had a lot of attention with the recent Olympics, but many people still don’t know where Edinburgh is! So that you’ll all want to visit one day, here is a view of the beautiful Edinburgh skyline, with the castle just visible in the background.

Scotland is beautiful, but I doubt I’ll be moving back to the U.K; my husband and I have a dream of opening an eco lodge in Nicaragua sometime within the next few years. Since Nicaragua is another little known country, I am including a map of its location:

I love to travel and am very passionate about saving the environment so that future generations can still enjoy the travel experience. The lodge is going to be something that combines these 2 passions, and will be built using many of the principles from the company Earthship Biotecture.

Here is a video that my friend made which describes some of the underlying philosophies of ‘Earthships’, albeit in a slightly radical way.

At the lodge we hope to have a small patch of land for organic farming, and offer experiences for travelers similar to those provided by the World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms, (often called WWOOFING). I would love to be able to keep bees, goats, chickens and have a nice fish-pond too 🙂