Going Paperless

One of my perennial new year’s resolutions is to be kinder to the environment. Often, choosing sustainability is no more burdensome. I can put my newspaper in the recycling box just as easily as putting it in the trash. Shutting off my computer overnight costs me little in time to reboot it. But for as much as I try to be green, I still haven’t found a way to get rid of paper entirely.

Kerim Friedman, an academic in Taiwan, blogged about his attempt to go paperless this year. He uses a scanner to turn documents digital and then an iPad to read and annotate them. Still, there always seems to be bits of paper floating around: business cards, boarding passes, passing thoughts jotted on a Post-it.

For those, Friedman recommends Evernote. This free software can store photos, sound recordings, text, and web pages in an easy to search format. All this syncs between your computer and mobile device and is safely stored in the cloud. I’m a little skeptical of setting up yet another account with another password and migrating my notes from Word documents to Evernote, but I’m willing to give it a try.

Of course, what these advances save on paper they probably expend on energy for computer servers, so fulfilling my resolution might have to wait until next year.

Tags:

9 Responses to “Going Paperless”

1. Hosea Knecht says:

Good day! I just would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the good information you could have right here on this post. I will probably be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.

2. not certain where you actually guys really are purchasing your working environment software right from but my business is purchasing a software underneath cost and possesses helped your business save an extensive bill.

3. In case you continues to undecided: pick up your finest headphones, forehead to go and each Greatest coupe and enquire that would connect these items proper Zune maybe an iPod and view what one tunes easier to you in fact, furthermore where vent making you happy considerably. You should are certain which happens to be perfect for you.

4. Diploma says:

I believe this really is among the most vital info in my opinion. And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things, The web site style is wonderful, the articles is generally great : D. Good job, cheers We’re a grouping of volunteers and opening an innovative scheme with our community. Your website offered us with valuable info to your job on. You’ve done a formidable job and our entire community could be thankful for you.

5. The next time I learn a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I imply, I know it was my choice to read, however I truly thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you could repair should you werent too busy searching for attention.

6. hosting www says:

Significantly, the posting is in fact the best for this worthy topic. We harmonize together with your a conclusion and may thirstily look ahead to the next revisions. Simply saying many thanks will not try to be good enough, with the remarkable lucidity within your writing. My goal is to immediately pick up your rss feed to stay knowledgeable connected with any upgrades. Solid function and much achievement inside your company interests!

7. Only wanna remark on few general things, The website design and style is perfect, the subject matter is real superb : D.

8. I’ve been surfing online greater than three hours lately, yet I by no means discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s beautiful price enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content material as you did, the web might be a lot more useful than ever before.

9. Apparently I’m a little more trusting of strange dogs than you, but only a little! Our rule is my kids must always ask to be introduced to a strange dog by the owner, if we haven’t been introduced and told that patting is ok then we don’t touch.