Retractions

Between 1997 and 2009, 1,164 biomedical research articles were retracted. In over half the cases, the cause was scientific misconduct ranging from lack of IRB approval to manipulated data. Though worrisome, these articles represent a small portion of all the literature indexed in PubMed.

More concerning is that, according to a new study, many of these articles continue to be cited well after the retraction is posted. Only 6% of the subsequent citations acknowledge that the original article was flawed. The vast majority of citations occur in literature reviews. Because any search of PubMed would turn up a large “Redacted” watermark on the original article, it could be that authors are not conducting fresh searches to find citations for the literature review section.

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to “Retractions”

1. 商用軟體第一品牌 製造業軟體銷售冠軍 專業?進銷存軟體知名品牌

2. I always was concerned in this topic and stock still am, regards for posting.

3. Hello, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your blog site in Chrome, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, great blog!

4. Actually like your websites particulars! Undoubtedly an exquisite offer of data that’s extraordinarily helpful. Carry on to hold publishing and that i’m gonna proceed studying by means of! Cheers.

5. Thanks for the good and helpful tips with money info too, it’s really interesting and helpful. A series of mine is not vampires’ but is paranormal with the gifted’ citizens of the small southern town included and featured in the novels. I’m hoping the paranormal sales would be as spiked as the vampires(?) So far I’ve got (in the series) a psychic, a healer, a medium, a restless spirit, a witch, and a vampire?’ Any comments would be appreciated (candid not candied LOL).
    Jackie Griffey

6. Nice post , I really hope how to make my weblog this good looking !

7. Some truly wonderful info , Gladiolus I noticed this. “Nothing is so bitter that a calm mind cannot find comfort in it.” by Lucius Annaeus Seneca.

8. Check out the remarkable new 3 courses for 12.95$ deal that has just been released. See the menu pages.