On April 19th, the Business Law Society successfully held our inaugural event, Law and Startups, with special invitations to the Law School and School of Management while remaining open to the general public. The panel discussion was well-attended and concluded with positive reviews. Our panel consisted of four BU Law alumni including Tedd Lustig (’94), a partner Seyfarth Shaw; and Mick Bain (’93), Wendell Taylor (’95), and Mike LaCascia (’90), partners at WilmerHale. Our panelists discussed wearing multiple hats as legal counselors and business advisers to a full range of startup, emerging, and public company clients. The panelists shared their thoughts on clean tech, Facebook’s acquisition of Instagram, the future of shared space, the importance of IP, awareness of “what do you own and who owns you,” the future and relevance of Crowd Funding with the JOBS Act, and other changes in the startup ecosystem. Thank you for all those who supported our event by attending and spreading the word. Please feel free to reach out to Nathan or DJ with any comments, questions, or suggestions.
Blog & News
- Volkswagen Reaches Pact With Dealers Hurt by Emissions Scandal August 25, 2016
- Judge Weighs Another Lawsuit Reprieve for Caesars August 25, 2016
- Duke University Makes Claim on Estate of Aubrey McClendon August 24, 2016
- Kobi Alexander Ordered Detained in Long-Running Backdating Case August 24, 2016
- U.S. Sued Over New Transgender Health-Care Protections August 24, 2016