On April 19th, the Business Law Society successfully held our inaugural event, Law and Startups, with special invitations to the Law School and School of Management while remaining open to the general public. The panel discussion was well-attended and concluded with positive reviews. Our panel consisted of four BU Law alumni including Tedd Lustig (’94), a partner Seyfarth Shaw; and Mick Bain (’93), Wendell Taylor (’95), and Mike LaCascia (’90), partners at WilmerHale. Our panelists discussed wearing multiple hats as legal counselors and business advisers to a full range of startup, emerging, and public company clients. The panelists shared their thoughts on clean tech, Facebook’s acquisition of Instagram, the future of shared space, the importance of IP, awareness of “what do you own and who owns you,” the future and relevance of Crowd Funding with the JOBS Act, and other changes in the startup ecosystem. Thank you for all those who supported our event by attending and spreading the word. Please feel free to reach out to Nathan or DJ with any comments, questions, or suggestions.
Blog & News
- Goldman Sachs Subpoenaed in U.S. for Documents Related to 1MDB July 29, 2016
- CEO Faces Off With Short Seller in Libel Suit July 29, 2016
- Viacom Board Suit Against Redstone Holding Company to Proceed July 29, 2016
- Judge Dismisses $24 Billion Lawsuit Against Credit Suisse July 29, 2016
- U.S. Prosecutors Probe 'Panama Papers' Law Firm's Employees July 28, 2016