For the week of September 2, 2012
Welcome to the first edition of the Fall 2012 Core E-Bulletin. This email will be sent out every week to keep you updated about Core lectures and activities. If you have any ideas or comments about Core activities, email Professor Kyna Hamill at email@example.com.CORE LECTURES
- CC101: Professor Eckel on the Epic of Gilgamesh 9/4
- CC105: Professor Jackson gives a course overview, and considers the question — Why does science matter? 9/4
- CC105: Professor Jackson on the Copernican Revolution 9/6
- CC201: Professor Redford on Petrarca 9/4
- CC203: Professor Corgan on ‘The Ancient World & Social Science’ 9/6
EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Core-in-the-City Scavenger Hunt, Sunday, September 9th at 12 PM. Students meet in the Core office (CAS 119). Teams of 2-3 will set out by foot, bike or take the T to locate and photograph literary sites of interest in Boston based on clues. The first team to return with photos of all 8 correct locations will win Barnes & Noble gift certificates. Sign up in the Core office this week.
- The Great Fruit Drop and Ice Cream Social, Sunday September 9th at 2 PM. In this annual Core tradition, faculty will climb the fire escape behind CAS to reenact Galileo’s apocryphal experiments with gravity. Ice cream will follow. Attendance in required for students in CAS 105. All other Core students and alumni are encouraged to come and chat with faculty and welcome new students to campus.
- Next week Core will be launching its performance series for the fall which will include trips to the ballet, theatre and the Boston Symphony Orchestra. So get your calendars ready!
- Professor Hamill is looking for actors! If you have the acting bug and you would like to perform in a scene for her CC101 Hecuba lecture in November, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
GET CONNECTED WITH CORE