The Department of Modern Languages and Comparative Literature and the Creative Writing Program announce
The 2013 ROBERT FITZGERALD TRANSLATION PRIZE
First Prize: $250
Second Prize: $100
- 3 copies of the selection in the original language
- 3 copies of the translation in typed manuscript, double-spaced, including the title, author, and language of the original (do not include your name)
- One cover sheet including:
Titles of the original and the translation,
Name and Social Security Number,
Mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
Verse submissions should be approximately 100 lines of a single long poem or several shorter works by the same poet or poets of similar style and period. Prose and prose drama submissions should not exceed 12 double-spaced pages: a complete short work or an excerpt (chapter, act, or section) of a longer work.
Submit all materials on or before noon Friday April 12 to:
Robert Fitzgerald Translation Prize
Dept of Modern Languages and Comparative Literature
745 Commonwealth Ave, 6th floor, room 602
- Prof. Sassan Tabatabai, MLCL and editor of Pusteblume journal
- Prof. James Uden, Classics
- Prof. Jeffrey Mehlman, Romance Studies
The awards ceremony will be Thursday, May 2, 2013, 5pm in STH 625.