More on Beer.

This seems to be a theme this semester. Anheuser-Busch is being sued for watering down their (cheap) beer, including Budweiser, Michelob, and other special beers like King Cobra (I had no idea they still made this crap). It seems that former employees have blown the whistle on the company, alleging that right before the beer was bottled, water was added. The plaintiffs claim they were harmed because watering down the beer lowers the alcohol content from that which is advertised on the bottle. The best part of all of this? This lawsuit is a class action. Finally a certified class that you may all be able to join!

A little advice from your wise professor? Drink good beer (once you are 21, of course). You will feel much better in the morning.

Justin Rau posted on February 28, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Well there doesn’t seem much to debate here…

Instead, enjoy this gif of a baby polar bear learning to walk!
http://i.minus.com/iBjggllWTYF0I.gif

Greg McKetchnie posted on March 2, 2013 at 11:05 pm

As someone who has drank far too many 40s of King Cobra, I can say that initially this did not bother me at all as I am never drinking it for the taste or because I think of it as good quality anyways. But then I read the article and it says it lowers the alcohol content by 3-8%… that’s bringing it close to 0. I have to conclude from that information that I’ve never had an affected bottle and I’m not convinced that the plaintiffs are correct in their accusations, but we’ll see.

Will England posted on April 3, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I feel like this is a pretty weird thing for people to file a lawsuit about. I mean the plaintiffs each claim that they bought such and such amount of Budweiser each week or so for the past couple of years, and now are suing because they feel “cheated”? You’re drinking Budweiser probably because you like the taste. A six pack a week isn’t getting you drunk so why are you complaining about the alcohol content. If it’s the taste their concerned about, why haven’t they noticed a difference in all their glorious years drinking Anheuser-Bush. Just seems pretty far-fetched to me. I mean they might win, or more likely settle since AB can probably afford a small payoffs, but me, I would just switch to drinking another beer.

test1 posted on November 11, 2017 at 1:26 pm

This is actually exciting, You’re an immensely seasoned writer. I’ve enrolled with your feed and additionally look forward to enjoying the dazzling write-ups. At the same time, I’ve got shared your web sites inside our internet sites.