About

This is a site for my BU writing and journalism students.

We’ll jump back to the blog in the fall. This page is an example of how you can set up a WordPress site to open with a page rather than your blog.

It can open with the blog — here’s what that looks like. The blog is a head shot 17series of posts or stories that run in reverse chronological order — the latest one first.

Or you can create a “static” page — like a home page. It’s a single page with a link to your blog up top. I’ve chosen to make my “About” page my static page.

To do this, go to “pages” in the dashboard, then > all and click on the “About” page.  (If you don’t have an “about” page, create a new one  with the title to “About” and add a short description  I suggest you be professional, not cute. I’m not sure how many of your readers will be impressed by you favorite rapper, food or hobby.

Tinker Ready is an award-winning multimedia journalist based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She covers health, science and general news.

She blogs and reports for Boston Health News and covers quality issues for Health Leaders Media, a website and magazine for hospital administrators.  Her work has appeared in Fast Company, Nature Medicine, Utne, The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, Esquire, The Boston Phoenix, The News & Observer and Parents, among others.

She teaches at the Boston University College of Communication and the Northeastern University School of Journalism. Contact her at  tinkerr*at*bostonhealthnews*dot*com

Know that I’m not teaching JO304 in the spring of 2019,  but hope to be back for a different COM class in the fall. For spring 2019,   I will be on the other side of the Mass Pike, teaching enterprise reporting to grad students at NU.

You can find me online at tinkerready.com or bostonhealthnews.com.

I’m posting to my blogs infrequently, but remain active on Twitter.

@co201

@tinkerrr

TR