Check back periodically as we add departmental and other histories.
- A History of the Boston City Hospital from its Foundation until 1904
- William Harvey King’s History of Homeopathy and its Institutions in America (1905), Volume III, Chapter V: “Boston University School of Medicine” by John Preston Sutherland
- Dr. J. Worth Estes was a BUSM graduate, Professor Emeritus of Pharmacology at BUSM, and knowledgeable medical historian. This article appeared in the Journal of the History of Medicine and Allied Sciences shortly after his death in 2000.
- The slides from the January 24, 2013 presentation “Building Boston Medical: The Evolving Landscape of the South End’s Medical Campus” by Peters Otlans, BUSM Class of 2014
- Video from Dean Aram Chobanian’s talk with medical students about the history of BUSM on October 5, 2012 in honor of the Evans Memorial Department of Medicine’s 100th anniversary.
- The slides from the February 11, 2013 presentation “The Extraordinary Early History of the Boston University School of Medicine” by Dr. James Brust, BUSM Class of 1968.
- Historic maps of the BMC campus. These maps appeared in Boston city atlases published by G.M. Hopkins & Co. (1874) and G.W. Bromley & Co. (1883-1938).