Welcome back everyone! See below for the lecture schedule, upcoming activities, and other fun things in Core this Spring.
Core Lectures this week:
CC101: Professor Bronstein on Aristotle II 1/25
CC106: Professor Mohr on “From a chemical perspective, what is life all about?” 1/25
CC106: Professor Hudon on “How do we read the fossil record?” 1/27
CC202: Professor Staves on The Enlightenment 1/25
CC204: Professor Swartz on Class Inequality 1/27
“My Favorite Boston” has returned! Join faculty on Friday afternoons visit the hidden corners of Boston. This Friday, January 28 and next Friday, February 4, Professor Eckel will bring students to the MFA to view the Fresh Ink exhibit and the new American Wing. Meet at 3 PM in the Core office. Sign up in CAS 119 and make sure to bring your BU ID.
Next Friday, February 4, Professor Hamill will take students to the Boston Common Frog Pond to go skating. Dress warm, and bring $5 if you need skate rentals. Meet at 4 PM in CAS 119, please sign up in advance. Hot Chocolate to follow!
Upcoming Activities and Lectures in Spring 2011
- February 3: Obie Award-winning director Sarah Benson will speak about directing Ajax.
- February 15: Core goes to the American Repertory Theater to see Sophocles’ Ajax.
- February 23: Annual Core Faculty Poetry Reading
- March 7: Peter Hawkins on Sandow Birk’s Divine Comedy
- March 25, 26, April 1 and 2: The Calliope Project presents Cyrano de Bergerac
Stay tuned to find out about the Core Film Series line-up next week.