Lectures This Week
- CC102: David Eckel on The Life of the Buddha 2/24
- CC106: Alex Coverdill asks, What is a cell? 2/24
- CC202: no lecture this week
- CC204: Maureen Sullivan on Gender Inequality (II): “Empirical Demonstration in the US” 2/24
- All classes. February 22 is the LAST DAY TO DROP A COURSE WITHOUT EARNING A “W”.
- CC102: Tuesday is a Monday at BU this week, and the CC102 lecture is on Thursday.
- CC102. The MFA guide is now available online as a PDF and an MP3.Tours will begin in a few weeks.
- CC102. Copies of The Life of the Buddha by Ashvaghosha are available in the Core office, CAS room 119. This is required reading for this week.
- CC202: There will be no lecture this week.
- Wednesday, February 23. Enjoy the annual department poetry reading by friends and faculty of the Core, organized this year by Prof. Formichelli as “Poetry’s Closer Contact.” 7 PM at The Castle, 225 Bay State Road. Refreshments will follow.
- Monday, March 7. Professor Peter Hawkins of Yale University will speak on “America’s Underworld: Sandow Birk’s Divine Comedy.” Birk is a painter who illustrated the Commedia by depicting decadent urban spaces in LA, NYC, and San Francisco. 5:30 PM at The Castle. Refreshments will follow.
- The Core Journal is now accepting submissions for the 2011 edition. Email submissions to email@example.com; deadline March 11.
If you have ideas or comments about Core activities, email Prof. Kyna Hamill
To learn more about Core events, visit the Core calendar or e-bulletin archive
Stay connected with Core: BLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | ALUMNI