The Department of Modern Languages and Comparative Literature and the Creative Writing Program announce
The 2013 SHMUEL TRAUM PRIZE IN LITERARY TRANSLATION
for works in poetry, fiction or drama translated into English from French, German, or Hebrew
Grand Prize: $200
- 2 copies of typed manuscript, indicating title and author and specifying language of the original; do not include your name
- 2 copies of selection in original language
- 1 cover sheet indicating titles of original and translation, your name, student ID number, mailing address, and telephone number and email
OPEN TO BU UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE STUDENTS
Verse: submissions should not exceed 100 lines of a single long poem or several shorter works by the same poet or poets of similar style and period.
Prose: submissions should not exceed 12 pages of a complete work or excerpt (chapter, act, or section).
DEADLINE: Submit all materials by April 12, 5pm to: Shmuel Traum Prize, Creative Writing Program, 236 Bay State Road, Rm. 211
- Prof. Abigail Gillman, Modern Languages & Comparative Literature
- Prof. Irit Kleiman, Romance Studies
The awards ceremony will be Thursday, May 2, 2013, 5pm in STH 625.