“Thank you all for the wonderful teachings!”

Alumna Kathy Pereda (Core ’06, CAS ’08) is currently a Clinical Research Assistant in the Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit at Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode Island. She is also an avid volleyball player and Zumba instructor. When we invited her to the Fall 2013 Core reception during Alumni Weekend, she wrote to let us know she wasn’t able to make it this time around, but went on to reminisce about her time in Core:

“I will never forget the wonderful knowledge I acquired in the Core program, especially from Prof. Nelson who I had the pleasure of taking for both Core and for Greek History. My classes with her made my experience at BU as a biology major that much more memorable. And if it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be re-listening and re-appreciating Dante’s Divine Comedy in the form of audiobooks during my commute to work, as well as other incredible works of literature.

Do you want to reconnect with Core, or share some Core memories? Write to EnCore, the Core alumni association, at corealum@bu.edu, or join their Facebook group.