LECTURES THIS WEEK
- CC101: Fred Kleiner on the Art & Politics of the Acropolis (10/25)
- CC105, Tuesday: Integrating Forum on the nature of reality (10/25)
- CC105, Thursday: Alan Marscher on the Big Bang (10/27)
- CC201: Michael Zell on the art of Velàzquez (10/25)
- CC203: David Swartz on Adam Smith (10/27)
SPECIAL EVENT THIS SATURDAY. Join the Halloween-themed Core scavenger hunt, “Mummies, Ghosts & Graveyards.” Teams will compete by visiting locations in galleries and graveyards throughout Boston. The hunt begins at 11 AM on Saturday morning, October 29th; teams will meet in CAS room 119. Prizes will be awarded to the first three teams to complete the journey. (See flyer attached.)
TOMORROW, Tuesday 10/25: Fair Trade Symposium at the GSU in celebration of Fair Trade month. Green Mountain Coffee will be presenting on their Fair Trade practices, and distributing samples; a sampling of Ben & Jerry’s Fair Trade ice cream will follow. 5-7pm in the GSU Back Court; RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=253102831403086.
- Tuesday, 10/25: Core Floors & Core House pumpkin-carving party. 6 PM at 141 Carlton Street. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, 10/26: Meeting of the Ecofest planning committee. 5 PM in the Core office; for questions, contact email@example.com.
- Thursday, 10/27:The Boston-based Greek Music Ensemble will be performing Greek music on traditional instruments, at 7:30 PM in the Tsai Center.
- Friday, 10/28: Screening of Mel Gibson’s “Hamlet” for the students of CC201; all other students, and alumni, are welcome as well. Dinner will be provided. 6 PM in CAS room B-36, 685 Commonwealth Avenue. For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ongoing: The editors of the Core Journal are now reviewing submissions for the XXIst edition, to be published this spring. Email essays, creative texts, images, and queries to email@example.com.