Are you interested in the Core House?

houseProfessor Eckel writes…

For any of you considering the Core House as a place to live next year, there will be an Open House in the Core House on Monday, January 31st, from 5 to 7 p.m. There will be refreshments and rooms will be open for viewing. This is a great opportunity to visit the house, meet the residents, and see whether the house would appeal to you. The rooms are comfortable, there’s a great common room, and the house is full of the intellectual energy of the Core.

The House is located at 141 Carlton Street in the South Campus residential area, right across the Turnpike from the GSU, in a quiet neighborhood with easy access to BU. If you would like to know more, feel free to contact me or Prof. Nelson at nelson@bu.edu.

Former Core House resident John McCargar (CAS ’11) writes:

The House is where I made some of my closest friends; because I was living with the people who were taking the same classes as I was, we were able to participate in a genuine community, with shared interests and shared challenges. Being Core people, our fun often consisted of intellectual engagement… our arguments over whether Plato or Aristotle is the superior philosopher were sometimes quite spectacular.