Postcards to the Core: from Rome, Summer 2017

roman-postcard-2

Another postcard has flown to us from overseas. It comes from Core alum and current senior Gregory Kerr, who writes to us from Rome, Italy. He says:

roman-postcard-1

Hello Core,

Greeting from Rome!

I’m taking a vacation following my completion of a summer project I’d only have done because of my experience with Core. (If it weren’t for you, I’d be a self-loathing Econ major.) This trip has been great, in no small part because of all I’ve learned in Core and classes over the past 3 years. How else could I spend 45 minutes explaining the Sistine Chapel to my parents in such thorough detail?

Being here has made me truly, viscerally understand and appreciate in context how much of a joy it is to learn and to know. I feel like I’m almost one with something when I’ve learned so much about it. There’s this connection that I can’t explain, I just feel it, and it’s amazing.

After rejections from 6 collections, Core made BU exciting to me, and gave me reason to see how somehting good could come of something bad. 3 years later, I owe so much of myself to Core, and I’ll never look back.

– Gregory

* Core loves postcards. Whether you’re at home or abroad now, we’d love to get one from you. Our address is easy: Core Curriculum, Boston University, Boston MA 02215.